Year 8 Band B Homework Timetable
|Day||Homework 1||Homework 2|
|1 Monday||English||Geography (GLe, KCa)
|1 Wednesday||Science||Art (DUp)
|1 Thursday||Geography (DUp, CWs)
Music (GLe) Art (KCa)
|RE (Set 3)|
|1 Friday||Computing||RE (Set 4) Art (GLe)|
|2 Monday||History||Drama (DUp, CWs, KCa)|
|2 Wednesday||Science||RE (Sets 1, 2)|
|2 Friday||Spanish/German||Art (CWs) Drama (GLe)
Note: On occasions, subject teachers may set homework on a different day to the one stipulated. STEM and
L2L will set occasional homework as appropriate with the Curriculum content.
Homework is placed on assignments on Microsoft® Teams. If you have any problems
with your log in, then you need to inform your tutor.
Each piece of homework should last between 20 to 30 minutes. If after 30 minutes you have not finished your
homework, you have 2 choices:
1. Get a parent/ carer to write a note to show your teacher in your diary that you have completed 30
minutes on that piece of homework.
2. Finish the homework but indicate in pencil how long the homework took you to complete. That way
your subject teachers will be able to monitor the length of time it takes you to complete a task.
1. Get into good homework habits. Get into a routine- do your homework as soon as you get home OR have
a break first then settle down to do it.
2. Do not leave your homework until late in the evening.
3. Do not let your homework build up. Just because it is not due in immediately there is no reason why you
cannot start it or get it out of the way. Leaving homework until the night before can cause a last-minute
rush and a lot of stress for you and your parents.
4. Find somewhere that is warm, comfortable and has good lighting.
5. If you find a piece of homework too difficult:
• Read back over the work you have done in class and the information the teacher has given with
the homework. It can help to read things twice. Look up any words you do not understand.
• Have a try and then ask a parent/carer/sibling/friend for their advice and help. If they are unable
to help you, ask them to write a note in your diary explaining the problem.
• Do not give up too easily- there are always reference books, dictionaries the Library, and the
internet. Teachers will be pleased that you have attempted the homework.
6. Take pride in your homework. Think about presentation – include the title Homework, the date and the
title of your homework and underline with a ruler. it is important. If you put effort into your work, it will
be noticed. You will feel good about your achievements and the teacher will be pleased with your efforts.
7. If you are finding that you are receiving too much homework then have a word with your Tutor, or better
still, have a chat with your Subject Teacher. Be polite and state your issue clearly but sensibly.
8. Some subjects will not set homework such as PE, they expect you to be active and give lots of tipsin lessons
and many extra-curricular activities for you to attend, please refer to the Student Briefing Sheet. If you
feel that you are not receiving enough homework there are several things that you can do:
• Do some extra independent research on the topic/s that you are covering at school.
• Visit the online Library, research the internet, read through an encyclopaedia.
• Read a book, you have been given lots of suggestions already and our librarian will help you find
even more books.
9. If you are finding it difficult to do your homework, please ask about Homework Hub. Ask your tutor for
In addition, think about doing some extra-curricular activities. Get fit and make some new friends. Join a clubnetball, hockey, football, rugby, frisbee, science, drama, the choir. We will let you know when clubs in school
start through the Student Briefing Sheet (SBS). Some children join Guides and Scouts, and others take up a
musical instrument. When you reach Years 10 and 11 you will receive a considerable amount of additional work
leading up to your GCSEs. Enjoy these first couple of years settling into High School life and think about
broadening your experiences.
Download the Year 8 Band B Homework Timetable