Year 8 Band B Homework Timetable
|Day||Homework 1||Homework 2|
|1 Monday||English||Art (KLo)
Drama (DBl) Music (LBy)
|1 Tuesday||Maths||Drama (LBy) Music (DBl)
(Spanish or German)
|Art (LBy) Music (EHo)
|1 Thursday||Science||RE set 2
Drama (KLo) History (EHo)
|1 Friday||Computing (KLo)
Geography (LBy) History (DBl)
|2 Monday||English (sets 1,2,4,5 & 8)
RE (sets 3,6,7)
|STEM* (DBl & EHo)|
|2 Tuesday||Maths||English (sets 3,6 & 7)
RE (sets 1,4,5)
STEM* (KLo & LBy)
|2 Wednesday||Science||Computing (LBy)|
|2 Thursday||RE (set 8)
Art (DBl & EHo)
(Spanish or German)
Geography (DBl & EHo)
Note: On occasions, subject teachers may set homework on a different day to the one stipulated.
*Set once every 4 weeks
Homework is recorded on Insight. You can enter the web address manually into any browser: https://insight.bishopheber.cheshire.sch.uk/INSIGHT and bookmark the page. You can then access your homework diary, timetable and attendance history.
To login please use your normal insight login details; if you are a student these are the same as your normal login for the School system (e.g. 15jbloggs).
Each piece of homework should last between 20 to 30 minutes. If after 30 minutes you have not finished your homework you have 2 choices:
1. Get a parent/ carer to sign that you have completed 30 minutes on that piece of homework.
2. Finish the homework but indicate in pencil how long the homework took you to complete. That way your Form Tutor/ subject teachers will be able to monitor the length of time it takes you to complete a task.
1. Do not let your homework build up. Just because it is not due in immediately there is no reason why you cannot start it or get it out of the way. Leaving homework until the night before can cause a last minute rush and a lot of stress for you and your parents.
2. Get into a routine- do your homework as soon as you get home OR have a break first then settle down to do it.
3. Do not leave your homework until late in the evening.
4. Find somewhere that is warm, comfortable and has good lighting.
5. If you find a piece of homework too difficult:
• Have a try and then ask a parent/carer for their help. If they are unable to help you, ask them to write a note in your diary explaining the problem.
• Do not give up too easily- there are always reference books, the Library and the internet.
6. Take pride in your homework. Think about presentation – it is important. If you put effort into your work it will be noticed. You will feel good about your achievements and the teacher will be pleased with your efforts.
7. If you are finding that you are receiving too much homework then have a word with your Tutor, or better still, have a chat with your Subject Teacher. Be polite and state your issue clearly but sensibly.
8. If you feel that you are not receiving enough homework there are several things that you can do:
• Do some extra independent research on the topic/s that you are covering at school.
• Visit the Library, research the internet, read through an encyclopaedia, or read a book!
9. If you are finding it difficult to do your homework please join Homework Hub; this runs after school from 3:30 until 4:30 pm in IT1, Monday to Thursday. If you want to attend please let your tutor know.
Alternatively, think about joining some extra-curricular clubs. Get fit and make some new friends. Join a club- netball, hockey, football, rugby, frisbee, science, drama, choir- there is so much going on after school. Some children join Guides and Scouts and others take up a musical instrument. When you reach Years 9 and 10 you will receive a considerable amount of additional work leading up to your GCSEs. Enjoy these first couple of years settling in to High School life and think about broadening your experiences.