Child Protection & Safeguarding (inc. Low Level Concerns) Policy
Bishop Heber High School:
- Actively promotes a culture of respect, where diversity is celebrated.
- Seeks to be a place where students feel that they can share their difficulties with a chosen member of staff.
- Has a long-established system of peer mentoring.
- Has a number of trained Mental Health Champions who are identifiable and accessible to all students.
- Maintains an ethos where students feel secure, are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- Promotes opportunities in PSHCE, and other curriculum areas, which equip students with the skills they need to stay safe from harm.
- Ensures that every effort is made to establish effective working relationships with parents and colleagues from other agencies.