Applications for Year 7 places in September 2020 have to be made through your ‘home’ local authority (i.e. where you live and not where your child currently goes to school). This means that if you live in Cheshire West and Chester (Cheshire West) Council’s administrative area, your application for a Year 7 Secondary School place must be made on a Cheshire west Application form. This process can be completed online by going to: www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk.
Timetable for Cheshire West Secondary Transfers
1st September 2019
Parents / carers can apply for a school place either online or by paper copy.
31st October 2019 – Closing date for on-time applications
Paper applications must be received by this date to be considered as ‘on-time’ and returned to:
School Admissions, Cheshire West and Chester Council, Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford, Cheshire, CW7 1AH. Telephone 0300 123 7039.
Online applications must be submitted to the Authority by this date (Don’t forget to press the submit button on your account).
2nd March 2020 – Notification of offers by Local Authority
- Offer letters notifying parents / carers of school place offered sent out by post to parents / carers who have applied using a paper application
- Online offers made available for parents / carers to view, e-mail offers sent to those who have requested this when setting up their account
30th March 2020 – Closing date for on-times appeals
- Appeals received by this date will be heard by 16th June 2020.
I live in the Wrexham authority – What must I do to secure a place at Bishop Heber High School?
- Complete the application process online for Wrexham Authority (www.wrexham.gov.uk) indicating you wish to attend Bishop Heber High School by 31st October 2019. Please call 01978 298991 if you require a paper application form.
- And in addition complete a Cheshire West and Chester Application Form, using the process above (www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk) indicating you wish to attend Bishop Heber High School. DO NOT enter any Welsh Schools on this form (use the Wrexham Authority process for this) by 31st October 2019.
I live in Shropshire – What must I do to secure a place at Bishop Heber High School?
Shropshire Local Authority will ONLY accept an Application Form from their Authority. Therefore, you should complete the application process online (www.shropshire.gov.uk) indicating you wish to attend Bishop Heber High School by 31st October 2019. Please call 0345 678 9008 if you require a paper application form.
I live in Cheshire East authority – What must I do to secure a place at Bishop Heber High School?
Cheshire East Authority will ONLY accept an Application Form from their Authority. Therefore, you should complete the application process online (www.cheshireeast.gov.uk) indicating you wish to attend Bishop Heber High School by 31st October 2019. Please call 0300 123 5012 if you require a paper application form.
We appreciate that it might seem a lot of forms to complete, but it will enable us to ensure that your child is given the best possible opportunity to be educated at Bishop Heber High School.
Please note parents can object to the Schools Adjudicator up to 30th June 2020.
Register of Interest Form for Bishop Heber High School
Regardless of which county you fall under, in order for us to keep track of your application for a place at Bishop Heber High School, we strongly urge you to complete the BHHS Register of Interest for Academic Year 2020-2021 form and return it to the school’s Admissions Officer Miss J Middleton
- By Post: Bishop Heber High School, Chester Road, Malpas, Cheshire, SY14 8JD
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Register of Interest Form
Supplementary Information Form – for Heber Staff only.
Download the SIF Form (Heber Staff Only)